RM of Pleasant Valley

No. 288

Oil & Gas Development

Development Permits

  • The R.M. of Pleasant valley  processes all of their development permit applications.
  • Development permit applications are reviewed by council at regular council meetings. Development permit applications can be found here.
  • Applications along with the applicable application fee can be mailed to the R.M. office. Application forms can also be emailed to rm317@sasktel.net.

Road Use

All drivers are responsible for knowing their vehicle weight classifications and adhering to all highways and gravel road weight restrictions, and R.M. or provincial road bans. See our Roads & Infrastructure page for details.

Road Restriction Policy

Travel of 10 tonne and over on RM roads is restricted to -6 degrees C or colder, or dry road. Any damage done to the roads can be charged to those responsible.


The RM of Pleasant Valley is a secondary Weight RM. However Range Road 3190 – The D’Arcy Grid and Range Road 3180/3181 – The Bickleigh Grid are Weight Restricted to 8 Ton from Highway #7 South.

C​ommercial and Industry

Primary and Overweight Permits are issued through RoaData Services. Please Call Roadata at 1-844-232-7275, or go online to www.roadata.com to obtain a primary weight permit for hauling within the RM.

Rig Moves – All service and drilling rig movements within the R.M. of Pleasant Valley, MUST obtain a permit from RoaData.

Road Use Agreements

Persons or businesses responsible for frequent oil hauling on any of our gravel roads must enter into an annual “Road Use Agreement” with the R.M. of Pleasant Valley. Please contact the office for more information.